Master in Computer Science – MSU
The Master in Computer Science programme is a comprehensive and professionally oriented computer science module which blends the basics of computer science with contemporary and applied skills imperative to a career in technology. This programme is well-suited to individuals with an interest in specific technology related areas from a range that includes computer engineering, mobile computing, and data analytics. Through the course of this programme, you will collaborate with accomplished lecturers experienced in industry and work with colleagues of a similar mind-set. Upon graduation, you will be well-equipped with the skillset needed in the IT industry.
- To provide students with a nationally recognized qualification in Computer Science
- To provide students with education in sync with industry standards
- To assist students in developing their research skills in the field of Computer Science
- To develop students to be thorough professionals in the field of Computer Science
This program is a research program hence no content modules are taught in the programme. The students will be required to complete two research modules and complete a thesis to meet the program requirements. The research modules taught are
- Research Methodology – 12 credits
- Statistical Analysis – 12 credits
In addition, the students will complete a 96 credits thesis focussed on a contemporary issue in computer science.
- Psychology for Individual and
- Guidance and Counselling
- Educational Planning and Policy
- Leadership and Management in Education
- A related Bachelor’s Degree OR
- A related Graduate Diploma at Level 8
- 25 years old AND, a MNQF Level 6 Advanced Diploma AND 4 years’ experience in the proposed field of study OR
- 25 years old, completion of a related Level 6 qualification, and 6 years of relevant experience (of which 3 years of experience is obtained after completion of a Level 6 qualification), and completion of an MQA approved Pre-Master’s Program.