Master of Information Technology
(Big Data And Data Science)
The Cyryx College Master of Information Technology (MIT) is designed to provide students with advanced technical skills and knowledge to become leaders of information technology innovation. It is designed for informational technology professionals looking to update and extend their technical knowledge of advanced computing subjects, or move into a new specialization. This programme offers students the opportunity to specialize in big data and data science, innovation and technology management, or information and communication technologies for sustainable development.
This master’s programme builds on the key foundations of enterprise governance of IT, information security management, and the knowledge and understanding of ethics and professional issues facing information technology professionals. It aims to serve as a springboard for computing and information technology professionals looking to boost their career into the next level and become leaders and champions of innovation.
Data science is fast becoming one of the most sought-after skills across the globe, owing to its unique ability to turn Big Data into actionable insights and due to the potential for driving youth entrepreneurship. Cyryx College’s MIT in Big Data and Data Science focuses on proving students with key foundation skills and knowledge required for accelerated professional development as data science specialists. In this specialization students will develop a deep understanding of data science and acquire skills in applied data science with R and Python.
The Cyryx College Master of Information Technology (MIT) is designed to prepares graduates for high-level careers in business technology. Graduates of this programme can go on to lead projects, departments, or entire organizations. Cyryx College’s MIT in Big Data and Data Science focuses on preparing students with key foundational skills and knowledge required for accelerated professional development towards careers such as:
- Data Engineer
- Business Analysis Consultant/Manager
- Data Analysis Consultant/Manager
- Data Science Specialist/Consultant
- A Related Bachelor’s Degree
- Enterprise Governance of Information Technology
- Information Technology Security Management
- Professional Issues in Information Technology
- Data Science with R
- Big Data and Data Science
- Research Project
- Computational Thinking with Python
- A related Bachelor’s Degree OR
- A related Graduate Diploma at Level 8 OR
- 25 years old, completion of a related Level 5 qualification, and 7 years of relevant experience (of which 3.5 years of experience is obtained after completion of a level 5 qualification), and completion of Cyryx College approved Pre-Master’s Program. OR
- 25 years old, completion of a related Level 6 qualification, and 6 years of relevant experience (of which 3 years of experience is obtained after completion of a level 6 qualification), and completion of Cyryx College approved Pre-Master’s Program.